Photos are one of the most important aspects of your real estate / rental listing marketing. Maximize the impact of your images by ensuring they IMPORT and DISPLAY optimally! AHRN.com put together a few tips and tools to help you bring the best photos into AHRN.com the FIRST TIME. On AHRN.com, photos need to be under 5 MB to upload. Making sure your photos are under that limit, saves you time and headaches.
Using Picmonkey.com to Resize / Retouch
Picmonkey is a must-have tool if you are dealing with photos. It can brighten a dark room and show off the features of the property to help it sell or rent more quickly!
- Visit www.picmonkey.com.
- Drag and drop your photo that you want to retouch / resize onto page.
- EASY RETOUCH: To enhance the photo, click the crop icon on the left hand tools menu and then “Auto Adjust” button. If Auto Adjust doesn’t enhance the photo to your liking or as you expected (shadows are darker, for example), watch this quick tutorial.
- EASY RESIZE: For files over 7 MB, click “Save” button in top middle of screen.
- The default size is “Pierce” (quality) with the original dimensions.
- Keep “Pierce”, but click on “Change” near dimensions area and change to 1600 x 1200.
- Then click “Save to My Computer”.
- Save in a folder with all of your images ready to upload to AHRN.com.
(If your file isn’t over 7 MB, but you just wanted to retouch, you don’t need to adjust the dimensions, just save with the default settings.)
Rotation: If your photos are not rotated the way you like, you may use Picmonkey to rotate by using the crop menu item, click on rotate. If you have a mobile phone that you took your photo on, the editing tool has a rotation feature you may use before you export. Click below for mobile phone picture usage and recommendations. (NOTE: New in AHRN.com is the ability to rotate your image, however, you MUST rotate your image BEFORE you click upload but after you’ve added them. Look for and click the circle / arrow button on the image to rotate.)
Watch the Picmonkey Retouch / Resize Walk Through
Wondering how to get your photos from your iPhone into AHRN.com? It’s easy!
- Visit AHRN.com on your iPhone, click full site.
- Login and go to your listings.
- Find the listing you want to add / edit photos and select “Add Picture” + icon OR click on your existing photo and then the link “Add New Picture” (NOTE: if you already have the max amount of photos, you’ll need to delete your existing photos that you want to replace.)
- From the add picture dialogue box, select “Add” and you’re iPhone’s photos will display for you to select. Select the number of photos that you have left remaining (e.g., max 10 for Bronze (free) and 20 for Gold listings. NOTE: If you have 5 added already, then you can only add 5 more for free.) The size of each native photo from the iPhone should be under 5 MB.
Adding Your iPhone Photos from Your Desktop Computer
- The best way to get your phone to your computer is to email them to yourself OR connect your iPhone USB cord to your computer and navigate to the iPhone like you would any other folder.
- When you select your images on your phone and email them, iPhone will ask you what size you would like to send via email. –> Select Large. That will reduce the image to about 600KB.
AHRN.com just added a new photo engine. Check out the blog article on the cool new features (release date 10/6/2016).