The holiday season is a busy time and sometimes things slip through the cracks – like forgetting about that white elephant party or a neighbor unexpectedly offering a thoughtful gift when you didn’t pick anything up. But not to worry, AHRN.com has put together this list of simple, last minute DIY gifts to keep you celebrating all month long!
Gifts of Food
- Hot Chocolate Mix In A Jar – I’ve seen many versions of this, but this one is a favorite!
- Pumpkin Spice Granola – Know someone who LOVES Fall? Give them a last taste of the season!
- Liquor Lollipops – Yes, that’s right. For the over-21 crowd that could use a little help surviving the craziness of the season.
Now, don’t get stressed out. I’m not about to suggest that you embark on a multi-day gift construction marathon. Here are three simple projects that create a lovely, personalized gift, completely foregoing a trip to the zoo that is the mall during the holiday rush!
- Sharpie Mugs – Can’t find a mug that expresses just the right sentiment? Make one yourself!
- Chalkboard Wine Glasses – For that friend who can never remember which glass was hers
- Photo Clock – Want to really wow Mom? This a good one for that.
Fun gift baskets are a great way to dress up inexpensive gifts so they feel personalized and special.
- Hostess Basket – If you come to my Christmas party, please bring this basket.
- Coffee Basket – That Dad on your list who is definitely NOT a morning person? He needs this basket.
- Dog Approved Gift Basket – If every picture on your friend’s instagram account includes their dog? Here you go.
We want to know:
Do you have a go-to last minute gift idea? Do tell, in the comments below.