2014 was another successful year for AHRN.com. We underwent many positive changes – privatizing in January, celebrating 10 years in June, increasing registered users, and launching new features to make YOUR property marketing easier. We matched thousands of properties with the military community, site traffic is at an all-time high and 2015 is going to be even more exciting!
Recently, some people have received an email from HOMES.mil and we would like to set the record straight: AHRN.com continues to operate independently and is not associated with HOMES.mil or the email that was sent regarding HOMES.mil.
- Is AHRN.com going away?
No, AHRN.com continues to provide landlords/property managers/real estate professionals with a efficient and effective resource to market properties to the military community, with more improvements coming in 2015.
- Is AHRN.com associated with HOMES.mil?
No. AHRN.com is not associated with HOMES.mil.
- Why did AHRN.com give the Department of Defense (DoD) my email and listing information?
As a part of the contract that Runzheimer held with the Navy up until Dec 2013, we were required to copy the data in the system at the time (November 2013) and provide it to them in a safe and secure manner.
- Since privatizing in January 2014, has any data been provided to the DoD or any other sources?
No, all account and listing information entered from Jan 1, 2014 on has not been shared with any source outside AHRN.com.
- Does AHRN.com deactivate users accounts every 35 days?
No, never. Every account and listing that has been established since 2004 is still in the system ready for accessing/use.
- Does AHRN.com require password changes every 60 days?
No. It is up to the user to change their password as needed.
- Does AHRN.com require a 15 character password?
No, AHRN.com requires a 6 character password of the users choosing, which is encrypted in our database for security.
- Is AHRN.com’s listing data up to date?
Yes, AHRN.com currently has 40,000+ active listings. These listings have all been entered by users (many of whom have been trusted members for years) and are kept up-to-date via our automated listing update process.
- Does AHRN.com serve all branches of the military?
Yes! AHRN.com serves over 500 bases around the world and includes active duty and reserve Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines Corps, Coast Guard. It also serves the housing needs of National Guard and Veterans as well.
- What kind of housing does AHRN.com include?
All housing options. AHRN.com’s database of homes near military bases include a variety of homes to choose from:-
– On-base/post military housing
– Off-base/post homes for rent (houses, apartments, condos, etc.)
– Homes for sale
– Temporary lodging (hotels)
– Shared rentals / rooms for rent
AHRN.com continues to be the leading housing resource to the military community around the world, providing landlords and property managers with a safe, easy to use, and effective resource for reaching this market. All account and listing information remains in AHRN.com, safe and secure just as it has been since registration.
We are focused on helping YOU (our members) market your properties to the military community… and on making it fast and easy! We’re taking AHRN.com to the next level for you! Here’s a preview of what you can expect in 2015:
• Fast, easy and secure listing process
• Direct marketing to active duty military, guard, veterans and reserves at 500 locations around the world
• Live customer support (based in Wisconsin)
• New functionality to make buying / selling / renting / marketing easier and more effective
• More resources and webinars to help your buying / selling / renting efforts
• More partnerships adding extra value to the home marketing process