On the Friday before Mother’s Day, the military community recognizes and honors the spouses who support our service members with Military Spouse Appreciation Day. AHRN.com asked some of our favorite military spouse bloggers what would make them feel most appreciated!
One of the truly amazing aspects of the military community is the sheer diversity of backgrounds, goals, interests and the sense of community despite those differences.
Want To Thank A Spouse?
When we asked military spouse bloggers what would make them feel appreciated on Military Spouse Appreciation Day, the general consensus was a simple “thank you” would do. Kim, author of She Is Fierce, offered, “It’s nice when people just say ‘hey, I notice you.’” Several spouses suggested that donating to military community causes was also a much appreciated gesture of support.
Whether their service member is home, deployed or away for training, a military spouse care package can be just the boost to carry someone through the longer days.
- An invitation to get out of the house and take a break together
- A movie night care package
- A journal
- A good book (and the encouragement to take some time for themselves)
- Note of encouragement
- Phone number for someone who understands what she’s going through
- Good-smelling candles and bubble bath
- Coffee (a gift card for those mornings can be magic!)
- The number of a good mechanic!
- Baked goods
- Comfy pajamas, fuzzy slippers
- Gift card to a maid service (or coupons for a friend to come do housework)
We want to know:
How have you thanked a military spouse in your life?