There is so much to keep track of during a move – whether it’s across the country or to the other side of town. AHRN.com has utilized years as the #1 trusted military housing resource to build the resources you need for a smoother move!
Where do I start?
- Download the guide that best fits your move: PCS Toolkit, Local Move Checklist, Single Service Member’s First PCS or the Military Home Buyer’s Guide
- Start your Home Inventory to protect your Household Goods from theft, damage and loss.
- Register an AHRN.com account and create your home search profile to search for homes within your BAH, within your preferred commuting distance and more!
PCS Checklist & Worksheets
A little preparation makes all the difference when it comes to minimizing the hassle of a military move. From PCS finances, to protecting your household goods from moving damage, to choosing the right school and home, we have pooled our best tips and tools into one PCS Toolkit. The Toolkit includes:
- PCS Checklist
- Entitlements Estimate
- PCS Budget
- Home Inventory
- Document Checklist
- Resource Page
Local Move Checklist
There are many reasons you might be choosing to move – a growing family, your rented home is going on the market, a new job or a better school. Whatever the reason may be, it is just as important to plan ahead for a local move as it is for one across the country! AHRN.com has put together this checklist to help you get that plan in place!
Your First PCS for Single Service Members
From deciding whether to move yourself or do a military move to choosing the best housing option for you, the Single Service Member’s PCS Guide hits the essential questions to prepare single service members for your next PCS.
- TMO or Military Move?
- Your PCS Budget
- Finding & Being A Good Roommate
- How To Find A Place To Live
- Your PCS Checklist & Resources
Military Home Buyer’s Guide
You will be making decisions every step of the way in the process, from when to buy to funding choices. To help you make the best decisions for your family, the Home Buyer’s Guide includes:
- 6 Questions To Ask Before Buying: Are you ready?
- 7 Strategies To Improve Your Credit Score
- VA Loan 101
- How To Find A Mortgage Lender
- Dream Home Comparison Checklist