When you bought your home, the idea of becoming a landlord might have been in the plan, or a distant back up if you couldn’t sell it. AHRN.com is here to help with your landlord experience with these must-have tips, tools and resources for the military landlord.
Where do I start?
- You’ll need an application for potential renters to help you screen for the best tenant for your home. We recommend EzLandlordForms.com for a simple, straight forward option.
- Choose a method for conducting a background check on applicants.
- Decide if you will hire a local property manager.
- Create your listing on AHRN.com with a great listing description and good quality photos.
- Call your insurance company/agent. You will need to switch your home to a landlord policy.
- Set up a record keeping system – decide how you want to file and store all of your records.
- Ensure that your home meets your state’s requirements for rental homes.
- Start checking out your applicants!